IX eMadrid Worshop on «Educational technology with a human touch» / 26-27 June, 2019
«Educational technology with a human touch». The IX eMadrid Workshop, scheduled 26-27 June 2019 at the Campus de Puerta de Toledo of the UC3M, will focus on this topic. The program of this consolidated event, which includes the participation of leading experts from both the academic and business worlds, highlights with this idea one of the main challenges of the educational sector in all its stages: the impact of the newest technology in the classroom. The eMadrid Network (a collaboration project between the universities UC3M, UAM, UCM, UPM, UNED and URJC) will be free of charge and open to the general public, as in previous editions. Please note that registration is required to attend.
- Topics we will discuss: machine learning, augmented and mixed reality, learning analytics, voice search, serious games, OERs (Open Educational Resources)...
- Who might be interested in attending: those who, whether they come from the education sector or not, need to understand its digital transformation.
- Check the program of the 9th eMadrid Workshop.
- Keep on reading to know the experts already confirmed.
We are going through a new phase of the digital revolution that involves teaching machines how to reason, giving their powerful brains the skills that are distinctive of human beings. In brief, we are developing a technology that is increasingly more humane and at our service, also in the field of education. The speakers who will participate in the IX eMadrid Workshop follow these research lines, among other issues. Although the program is not yet closed, these are the guests already confirmed:
- Antonio Rodríguez de las Heras, full professor at UC3M and head of the Institute of Culture and Technology at the same University.
- Kshitij Sharma, senior researcher in the Department of Informatics at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU).
- Faraón Llorens, full professor at the School of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence of the Universidad de Alicante.
- Manoli Pifarré, professor in the Department of Evolutionary Psychology and Education at the Universitat de Lleida.
- Marta Reina, Head of the Area of Online Training and Educational Digital Competence at INTEF.
- Wolfgang Greller, Vienna University of Education.
- Cristóbal Romero, full professor of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence at Universidad de Córdoba.
The program of this free Workshop includes a special session, called «Lightning Talks», to welcome small companies that are promoting entrepreneurial activity in the field of educational technologies. They will be able to present, in consecutive sessions of about ten minutes, the projects they are working on.
Finally, our program also includes the eMadrid Awards, an initiative that also supports research and development of educational technologies. The jury will recognise three categories: Best Final Project (TFG), Best Master's Project (TFM) and Best Doctoral Thesis.